A little about us:
Trippin began in 2016 as a private Facebook group. As location-independent creatives/influencers themselves, the founders wanted a place where they could collect and share their off-the-beaten track discoveries with their like-minded global network.
Initially limited to just 1.5k members, the Facebook group received overwhelming demand for membership. This demand and a desire to create a more dynamic way of sharing/creating content drove the founders to turn their full focus on developing Trippin as a tech-enabled platform.
Within the existing market they found an opportunity to create a new channel through which to serve legitimate friend-sourced experience recommendations under a captivating lifestyle brand.
Our stack consists of a React Native app, communicating with a Node.JS backend deployed on Heroku, storing user data in an event-sourced MongoDB, and GraphQL in between. All of our code is strongly typed using Flow. We’ve also got a shiny React/Next.js webapp that we’re looking to develop further.
What you’ll be doing:
We recently launched this new app on iOS; it’s a great first step, but obviously, we need to constantly improve it to make the experience even better.
– You’ll be responsible for the future direction of the product from a technical perspective
– You’ll be making architectural & infrastructure decisions affecting the whole product
– You’ll be working in close collaboration with our Head of Product
– You are happy to take ownership of all technical aspects of the product
Who we are looking for?
Above all else we value open communication and good teamwork to achieve a shared vision. We are looking for proactivity in spotting problem areas and proposing ideas for improvements.
– Understands what our users like, and believe in our ethos of keeping things simple.
– Is serious about releasing early and releasing often.
– Loves React Native
– Has been writing code over the last few years and are comfortable showing it during the interview.
– Does not shy away from open-source work and open discussions on GitHub
Even better if you have (but not necessary):
– Contributed to Open Source projects (we’d love to see them!)
– Experience with iOS and/or Android development.
– A degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Like the sound of working with us?
Say hello on email@example.com